• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Switch to Mobile?

RichBenn

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have Beersmith 2. What will I miss if I get the Mobile App(ipad)? I'm an all grain HERMS and BIAB electric brewer. Do not want to lose my recipes, and I am not a fan of subscription software. Would I be able to pull in my recipes?

To move recipes from one to the other you can first copy them to the cloud then open the second devise and retrieve the cloud copy and save it to that devise.

You can purchase BeerSmith 3 basic (non subscription) if you want to upgrade your desktop without a subscription.

The mobile does not quite have all the features - notably inventory, calendar, printing and some water matching features. The web based version at BeerSmithRecipes.com (which gives you a shared view and can be run from desktop or mobile) is more full featured.

Brad

You can purchase BeerSmith 3 basic (non subscription) if you want to upgrade your desktop without a subscription.

The mobile does not quite have all the features - notably inventory, calendar, printing and some water matching features. The web based version at BeerSmithRecipes.com (which gives you a shared view and can be run from desktop or mobile) is more full featured.

Brad
Thanks, Brad. I kind of surmised that. Is there a way to run the Beersmith 3 trial in a safe manner(again, so I don't lose equipment profiles and recipes) so I can revert back to Beersmith 2.3 if it doesn't meet my needs?

Yes you can run them side by side - they will not affect each other as they store data separately.

Back