• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Price per pound in the web version changes

waltwooden

New Forum Member
Reaction score
When I put a price per pound in for a product, for example $1.00 per pound for Pale Wheat (Weyermann) then I go back to it later and it says $1.37 per pound. I can't figure out why it is doing that. This happens on several different ingredients. My cost does not vary that much, and even if it did, we would consider current cost of the last shipment as cost going forward.

Does it have anything to do with when I open a recipe then remove the items from inventory?

Last edited:
I'm not seeing this - when I go to inventory view and open an item and set the price it does retain it correctly.

Note, however, if you add to inventory (from the shopping list for instance) it can change the price/lb if you are merging two items with different prices/lb as it will compute the average price for the merged item.

Brad

I add new inventory directly to the inventory. Then take the inventory out from every brew. One example is we have 20020 pounds of Rahr 2 row and the price has now migrated from .64 to .97 a pound. I set the price when we got 48000 pounds at .64 a pound and now it reads .97 a pound with 20020 pounds left. It keeps creeping up without me touching the category at all. Is there anything you can think of that I am doing wrong?

The only thing I can think of that would change the price would be some kind of transaction - either adding or removing from inventory though the removal should not change the average price. Adding to inventory would cause it to weight-average the price to estimate a new price for the overall inventory.

There is a button called update prices. If you press it does it take a price from the default grain or hop and average it?
I ask this as a last resort idea for the pricing to be climbing up for no reason.
The grain in the silo was put in 8 months ago and never changed but... the price keeps creeping up even though the price hasn't changed.
This happens to the hop prices also. Example: a hop purchased for .90 a pound then the next batch it is .95 a pound. But I am getting the cost of 1.50 per pound after a while. This could not happen through cost averaging.

I figured it out. You can't just click on a grain in the inventory and change the quantity, you have to go to the fermentables tab and find the name of the grain then zero it out and put the information back in. If you don't do that the price changes.
Has anyone seen this happen for them?

Back