• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

App not allowing me to save anything

Tigdigity

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Just downloaded app and it will let me add a new recipe, name it, but won’t allow me to edit or save it? Am I missing something? Please help…

Are you on Mac, PC, iPhone or Android?

So when I open the app and try to add my own recipe the save button is greyed out. Won’t allow me to edit or save it.

I'm assuming you are on the iPhone stand alone app and not using the web based version?

Go to My Recipes from the main menu. From there click on "Actions->Add Recipe". Enter the name at the top and click on Save and it should save a new recipe for you. You can edit it by clicking on the recipe.

Yeah, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt….I’m not stupid. I’ve done this multiple times and it will not allow me to make a recipe. How do I get money back so I switch to an app that actually works. Your software has been garbage from day one and I should have known better. So tell me, how can I get my $5 back? I refuse to give you even that much for this garbage to throw away…it’s a beer I could drink. So please, tell me the refund process.

I just tested it on my new iPhone and latest IOS here and it worked fine - did it before I sent you the email. And no - I did not mean to insult you in any way.

I would be happy to refund but unfortunately Apple does not give me that option from my console. You will need to contact Apple to get a refund on it. If that fails please drop me an email at beersmith at beersmith.com and I will refund you via paypal or venmo instead.

I remember when you first came out many years ago…it was always a struggle. And you’ve carried on through 2023. Maybe hire an app developer that knows what they’re doing? I actually will hold you to this…$5 barely covers a gallon of milk anymore. You’re terrible.

I will refund you the money even if Apple does not. I'm sorry you are not happy and honestly I have no idea why the save button is not working for you.

Back