Author Topic: Problems Installing or Running the program?  (Read 26513 times)

Offline jshufelt

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Re: Problems Installing or Running the program?
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2013, 01:39:15 PM »
Brad,
I converted the new Beersmith 2.1 from the .deb to an .rpm.  Seems as though you updated the WxWidgets library when you compiled it on Ubuntu.  Fedora is currently on libwx_base_xml-2.8 and you want libwx_baseu_xml-2.9.so.3.  Can you compile a version on Fedora?  I can't update to 2.1 so I am stuck on 2.0. :(

Thanks,
Jonathan

Offline davet

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2013, 02:30:52 AM »
I just installed the Linux Beta on Fedora 17 and 18.  I did not convert the deb to an rpm but rather used ar to explode the deb and then untared the data.tar.gz
file.  I then wrote a quick perl script to produce an install script.  I did not have wxwidgets installed from the Fedora repository so the script installed the libs in the deb.
So far everything seems to be working.  Of course I'm out on a limb if I ever accidentally do install the Fedora versions.  Perhaps I should investigate using a private library.

Offline ajignatz

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2013, 06:44:22 AM »
I just upgraded my iMac to OS X 10.9 and my Beer Smith Icon disappeared from my screen and i only have the Beer Smith 2.0 installer in my App folder. When I click on it nothing happens. Not sure what happened...
Drew

Offline ajignatz

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2013, 07:07:32 AM »
just downloaded it again, we're good.

Offline jparejko

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2013, 12:54:25 PM »
Just today I tried opening BeerSmith 2.1 and it wouldn't open. It did the start up banner quick and then the program didn't end up loading. I tried changing the BeerSmith folder so that it would have to generate a new directory (as mentioned previously in this post) but that didn't help. The only difference between the last time I used the program (3 days ago) and now is that I upgraded the RAM memory on my laptop. It's running Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit OS with service pack 1. Also tried re-installing BeerSmith, etc., to no avail.

Any thoughts?

Offline ih8lag

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2013, 09:52:59 AM »
Recently purchased a  license for Beersmith 2. When ever i run the program it tells me the trial has expired and I have to submit the registration code to continue.

Offline Mtnmangh

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • All Grain All the Way!
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2013, 07:28:13 PM »
Recently purchased a  license for Beersmith 2. When ever i run the program it tells me the trial has expired and I have to submit the registration code to continue.

This happened to me too after having the license and using the software for 3-4 months.  It happened about 3 times and just as suddenly as it started, it quit and I've had no more issues.  weird.
Drinking: Belgian Golden Strong ale
              Step Up Porter
              Oktoberfest
               Brown IPA

Primary:  Step up Porter

Secondary: nada

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2013, 08:38:05 PM »

Hi,
  Usually this is an installation issue, indicating the program does not have the proper permissions.

The quick way to fix it is to create a directory under your Documents such as Documents/BeerSmith

Then use the "Change Documents Directory" command on the File menu in BeerSmith to move
your data over to the new directory and restart it.  After that it should keep your key.

Drop me a message from the support page (contact us) if you continue to have issues.
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Offline DarrenC

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2013, 05:49:42 PM »
Hi, I've just updated to 2.2 on my mac (Macbook pro running Mavericks) and none of the reports are working - neither the built in reports, nor the custom HTML reports I've created.  By "not working", I mean nothing shows up in the report display area of the UI - it's just blank.  I kept the old version of BS2 around (v2.1.02) around (after renaming it, of course) and the reports still work using v2.1.02. 

One item of note: I'm using a different documents directory than the default, but 2.2 appears to be pickup the custom location as confirmed by choosing "Change Documents Directory..." from the file menu.

Can you help me determine if this is operator error or a bug?

Offline BeerSmith

• BeerSmith
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2013, 06:00:38 PM »
Hi,
  Not absolutely sure yet - most people have had a very smooth upgrade but it is possible having a different directory is causing issues.  Are you saying that when you upgraded it defaulted back to your old documents directory?

One thing to check is to make sure there is a "Reports" directory under your main document directory and that it is writeable.

Brad

Offline jerry can brewery

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2017, 12:48:50 PM »
I've been using Beersmith for a year or so and love it!!! Just installed the program on a new computer and everything is running OK apart from inventory. When I try and print list it comes up with the following error:

19:44:55: D:\Google Drive\My Documents\Homebrew\BeerSmith2/Reports/bsxtmpx_20799.html: file does not exist!
19:44:58: File 'D:\Google Drive\My Documents\Homebrew\BeerSmith2/Reports/bsxtmpx_20799.html' couldn't be removed (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)

Offline BeerSmith

• BeerSmith
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2017, 03:04:24 PM »
This is unfortunately a known bug.  The workarounds are to go to Options->Reports and set the "print to browser" option or going to File->Save as CSV to save the file and open it in a another program.  I am working on a fix for the next release.

--

Cheers!

Brad Smith

Offline DanWalters

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2017, 02:41:18 PM »
Hi All,

I have a few problems getting the software to run after the install, the errors I get are shown below in the correct order:

BSDocument::Init Can't create BeerSmith/Reports directory

21:29:16: Directory 'BeerSmith2' couldn't be created (error 5: access is denied.)
21:29:17: Directory 'BeerSmith2' couldn't be created (error 5: access is denied.)
21:30:25: Directory 'BeerSmith2' couldn't be created (error 5: access is denied.)

It then errors while saving every table

21:31:55: can't open file 'BeerSmith2//BSCols.BX2' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)
21:31:55: can't open file 'BeerSmith2/DefRecipe.bsopt' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)
21:31:55: can't open file 'BeerSmith2/T-22352Tools.bsmx' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)
21:33:23: can't open file 'BeerSmith2/T-2966search.bsmx' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)
21:33:24: can't open file 'BeerSmith2/T-23731CloudSearchSettings.bsmx' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)
21:33:24: can't open file 'BeerSmith2/T-13757Notes.bsmx' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)
21:33:25: can't open file 'BeerSmith2/T-17134Hops.bsmx' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)
21:33:25: can't open file 'BeerSmith2/T-6687Grain.bsmx' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)
21:33:26: can't open file 'BeerSmith2/T-301Misc.bsmx' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)
21:33:26: can't open file 'BeerSmith2/T-2901Water.bsmx' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)
21:33:27: can't open file 'BeerSmith2/T-24407Yeast.bsmx' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)
21:33:27: can't open file 'BeerSmith2/T-14990Style.bsmx' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)
21:33:28: can't open file 'BeerSmith2/T-22309Equipment.bsmx' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)
21:33:28: can't open file 'BeerSmith2/T-6879Mash.bsmx' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)
21:33:29: can't open file 'BeerSmith2/T-22182Recipe.bsmx' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)
21:33:29: can't open file 'BeerSmith2/T-21534CustField.bsmx' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)
21:33:30: can't open file 'BeerSmith2/T-14393Shop.bsmx' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)
21:33:30: can't open file 'BeerSmith2/T-27025Carbonation.bsmx' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)
21:33:31: can't open file 'BeerSmith2/T-8963Age.bsmx' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)
21:33:31: can't open file 'BeerSmith2/T-6891Plugin.bsmx' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)
21:33:32: can't open file 'BeerSmith2/T-24683Cloud.bsmx' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)
21:33:32: can't open file 'BeerSmith2/T-1349-Opts.xml' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)
21:33:32: can't open file 'BeerSmith2/rpts.bxml' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)
21:33:32: can't open file 'BeerSmith2/urpts.bxml' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)

My desktop is running windows 10

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

Offline BeerSmith

• BeerSmith
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2017, 03:16:46 PM »
If you can get the program to run at all try creating a directory for your BeerSmith2 data such as Documents/BeerSmith2 on your main user account.  Then go to File->Change Documents Directory and change the documents directory from the current path (which looks to be wrong) to the directory you just created.  That should fix the problem after you then restart BeerSmith.

Brad

Offline DanWalters

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2017, 05:42:11 PM »
If you can get the program to run at all try creating a directory for your BeerSmith2 data such as Documents/BeerSmith2 on your main user account.  Then go to File->Change Documents Directory and change the documents directory from the current path (which looks to be wrong) to the directory you just created.  That should fix the problem after you then restart BeerSmith.

Brad

All good now Brad, logged in to the admin user, uninstalled, removed all registry keys, re-installed and works fine on Admin user, won't work on other users but I can live with that.

Thanks

Dan