• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How often do you brew?

How often do you brew?

• 1-2 times per year

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • 3-5 times per year

Votes: 14 5.1%
  • 6-9 times per year

Votes: 54 19.6%
  • Around once per month

Votes: 94 34.1%
  • 2-3 times per month

Votes: 86 31.2%
  • Weekly

Votes: 21 7.6%
  • More!

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
Lately I've been brewing a batch every other week in the warm weather, and once a month when it's below freezing outside.
Though I started doing double batches so that may change. 
I've got six kegs, but I've never had more than three with anything in them at any one time. 
I'm trying to change that.

I am very new to this drinking my first batch, I used 22 oz bottles, 24 of them for  a 5 gal batch and at 1 a day consumption it looks like I will be on a 3 week schedule. I will probably ramp this up to a 2 week schedule so that I have an ample supply. 4 of my first batch have already been gifted.     

Being the cheapskate I am, I don't like buying bottles from the supply house.  So I start a brew as soon as I accumulate two cases of commercial empties.

BeerSmith said:
I've been stocking up lately and brewed 3 times in the last two weeks.  However, I would say overall I brew perhaps once a month except for the summer.

So how much are you brewing?

Cheers!
Brad
I typically brew on weekends and I make 4 different recipes a month all during the same brewday. I use steeping grains and extracts exclusively now, but I have brewed 35 Mr. Beer recipes as well.

I brewed 18 batches in the last year which is 1.5 times a month.  I would brew more often but need more beer drinkers!

Once a week, every Thursday.  Around Finals week I usually take a couple weeks off to study but then make up for lost time in the week following Law School Finals.
I would like to brew twice a week but between taking care of 3 kids 3 and under, and reading around 150 pages of law text a day, it is not possible.

I would not have a liver if I brewed more than twice per month.  ;D

I try to brew once a week.  With all the cleaning, sanization, set up & take down required to brew, ferment & bottle, I find it's a lot like an exercise regimen.  If you stop doing it on a regular basis, it's tough to get started again.

Once a week (on the weekend) keeps my head in the game...

I don't know where some of you find the time to brew that much unless it's your profession.

I get out to brew a little more these days with my buddy who owns the smallest brewery in Colorado, Three Barrel.
I personally only find time to brew my own about once or twice per quarter.

i only brew about once a month mainly because of space limitations. trying to brew in a small one bedroom apartment is brutal.

I am semiretired and just starting so I'm itching that scratch!  Prepping for my 4th beer brew, third mead and first wine.  I have inventory for 4 (2 extract & 2 partial mash) beer batches, a fruit Zinfandel and a sparkling wine.  I just converted a small chest freezer to hold 8 corny kegs, a refrigerator to hold 3 and summer is coming fast!! (not fast enough!)  The neighbors and fellow Mustang friends will soon be stopping by!

My first brew was on 3/24/10, yesterday (3/6/11) was my 66th batch. I have secondaries all over the house. My wife just gave up now she helps me bottle. A beer fridge(everyone should have one)with 2 taps. Need a freezer for bulk hops(thats next).

shane said:
My first brew was on 3/24/10, yesterday (3/6/11) was my 66th batch. I have secondaries all over the house. My wife just gave up now she helps me bottle. A beer fridge(everyone should have one)with 2 taps. Need a freezer for bulk hops(thats next).

Nice!!  I have 2 fermenters in the living room disgised as side tables, LOL.  I'm starting some lager brews so I can put them in the basement, 54 degrees.  Have the beer refrigerator ready, next will be to convert old chest freezer into kegerator!

Cheers!

I brew at least once a month with some brew buddies( brew crew), when we brew it's 3 10-12 gallon brews. It's a lot of beer to drink, good thing I got friends! ;)!!

Drinking: American Wheat Ale, California Common, APA

On Deck Belgian Wit, IPA w/New Zealand hops, Scottish Ale

Sometimes i'll brew mutiple times a month, and then take a month off it just depends on how busy i get. trying to go with a seasonal brew schedule. i like differant beers as the seasons change, adding new ones as i go, thats whats cool about the world of beers, its so vast it never seems to end. all in all i'd say 5 to 9 times a year.

I marked once a month but some months I brew twice.  Did two 5-gallon batches in brew day once when I was doing extract.  Working on a system that will allow me to brew 10-gallon batches at a time since the work/time is about the same.  My friends and neighbors wish I'd brew every week!  :D

Cheers!
Dan

On Tap:  Lakewood Amber Ale
Fermenting: Lakewood Pale Ale
Next brew: "Corona" clone. 

Back