• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Keg cleaning - stubborn bits

Pyrexic

Apprentice
Reaction score
I just got a couple new-to-me corny kegs and in the process of cleaning and rebuilding them with new o-rings. One came out looking like new, but the other has a last little bit of something that I can't seem to break loose with hot oxy clean, scrubbing and even tried 12% hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Been at this for a couple of days and wanted to see if there were any suggestions for next steps. Before all the efforts, I soaked in oxy clean for 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance. Here are pics of what is left.

Attachments

• keg11.jpg
    keg11.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 6
  • keg21.jpg
    keg21.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 6
If you haven't already, use your fingernail or a toothpick to check and make sure those are some sort of buildup and not depressions in the metal. If they are indeed buildup, make a paste with Barkeepers Friend and a bit of water. Lightly scrub the affected area and then let it sit and dry. Once dry, give it a good rinse, using a cloth or sponge if needed to remove the paste.

Back