• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Desktop vs. Web Versions

cerpika

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Am I correct to assume that the web version of BeerSmith provides all the same functionality that the desktop version does?

Just want to make sure..... Thanks all!

You can try the free trial on BeerSmithRecipes.com, but yes all of the recipe building tools are there. The only significant feature that is missing that I can recall is the calendar.

Brad

Upvote 0
Am I correct to assume that the web version of BeerSmith provides all the same functionality that the desktop version does?

Just want to make sure..... Thanks all!
In my experience no, the web version does not have all the functionality of the desktop. Recent posts about the lack of a Brew Log folder are one example. My personal discovery is the inability to create custom beer styles on the web version. I make a lot of historic recipes and spent a lot of time and effort collecting data to create custom styles from Victorian era London brewers only to find that I cannot import those styles to the web recipe editor... I can't even create a custom style on that platform. That is the one issue that killed the web version for me.

Upvote 0
Back