• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

CTRL + Backspace

Sus4

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, but I have been using Beersmith 2 many years and just upgraded to Beersmith 3.

History of the Feature Request:
Brief text editor was a popular programmer's text editor in the 1980s and early 1990s. It was originally released for MS-DOS. Brief Editor had one magical shortcut: CTRL+Backspace. That shortcut deletes the word left to the cursor.

A few people in the early days of the Internet Explorer group used the Brief editor, and they liked the shortcut so much that one of them added it to the autocomplete handler. Therefore, any edit control that uses SHAutoComplete will gain this secret Ctrl+Backspace hotkey.

Now, after several decades, thousands of programs use CTRL+Backspace to remove the word left to the cursor. It has been so called standard a long time now. 

Feature request:
My biggest gripe in the Beersmith 2 has always been the lack of the magical keyboard shortcut, CTRL+Backspace, in the notes editor. I tend to write quite long notes and missing this shortcut is something quite annoying and makes this great program feel like beta version. I really hoped that this would have been fixed/added to Beersmith 3, but sadly this is not the case.

So, would it possible to add this functionality?

Back