• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Can't run Beersmith

firstbbl

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I recently had an issue with my computer and now have to reinstall all the programs I've added to my computer, this includes Beersmith. I did not lose all my files so I still have all my recipes etc.

I don't seem to have any problems downloading or installing the program but when I try to run the program it says-

"BeerSmith can't access the existing main data directory:
C:\Users\erica\AppData\Roaming/BeerSmith3/

Check that the directory exists and has not moved, been archived or deleted acidentally.

Also check if you changed your Antivirus Program. Try whitelisting BeerSmith in your antivirus program and then run Beersmith again.

You can also pick a new directory but this is not recommended as BeerSmith has already been installed"

I have made sure that my Antivirus, will let the program do what it want.

The directory name it gives does NOT seem to exist, I can't find it anywhere. But that is NOT the directory I have installed it in. When I go to "Choose New Documents Directory" it says "Could not set current working directory (error 3: The system cannot find the path specified.)" but it does let me choose a new directory. When I select the Beersmith3 folder it says-

"BeerSmith still can't write to the new directory you selected
Please check your antivirus program and try again."

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling about a thousand times and have tried installing the program in a couple different directories.

Please help

Does that path exist (up to the BeerSmith3 part (i.e. does C:\Users\erica\AppData\Roaming/ exist)?

If so try creating a BeerSmith3 directory under it. The program should be able to do that but perhaps you have some issues with the way your %APPDATA% environmental variable is set after the computer issues.

Upvote 0
Back