• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BS mobile 3.1.9 on IOS17 minor glitch

Brew Bama

Master Brewer
Reaction score
I recently downloaded operating system 17 on my iPad. I am running BeerSmith 3.1.9 (BTW: love it!). If I select a fermentable that I want to change when to add the ingredient (e.g. from the mash to steep), the program closes.

Thanks,
I just found out about this problem (first reported yesterday) and I don't have a fix yet. I will work on it as soon as possible. It will probably take several weeks, however, due to testing and publishing limits.

In the meantime, I am recommending using the web based version at BeerSmithRecipes.com - just log in there from your mobile device as a workaround.

Brad

I’m also on IOS 17 and now when I add a new recipe, I can’t change it from All Grain to Extract without BeerSmith crashing.

Unfortunately these problems are related - it seems most of the drop-down style elements are causing problems. I've started working on a fix but it could be a few weeks before its completely released.

In the meantime, I am recommending people use the web based version by logging into BeerSmithRecipes.com from their phone or tablet where you can edit recipes. If you need an extended trial for the web based version drop me an email, but for most users the web based version is included with any gold+ membership.

So I was working this today on the emulator and suddenly it started working with the latest IOS 17.1. I went back and then tried the older version on IOS 17.1 on both my iPad and iPhone and the bug was gone.

If you had this issue, please make sure you have the latest IOS 17.1 update and try running the App again. At least for me, the current app release is working on the latest IOS so I'm thinking it may have been a temporary issue that Apple fixed with a new IOS update.

Back