• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Are any Mexican beers similar to guinness?

xuledywo

Brewer
Reaction score
I haven't drank in about 8 years. I suffer from migraines and alcohol is one of my triggers. I recently been wanting to try a little alcohol. I've read allot of migraine sufferers who have had good luck with Guinness beer similar to modelo, and since I usually enjoyed Mexican beers I was wondering if any of them (sol, dos equis, modelo etc) are similar in ingredients and brewing process etc to Guinness. Figured I'd jump on a beer forum and ask around.

Big difference between the two. Guinness is a very heavy bodied Stout while the Mexican beers are fairly light bodied lagers. Even the darker Mexican beers are miles away from Guinness.

Guiness also make a lager if that is what you are referring to..... but I have no idea how it compares in ingredients to the Mexican lagers.

Back