Author Topic: 2.2 keeps trying to download update after it was installed  (Read 11309 times)

Offline JCBrewing

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Re: 2.2 keeps trying to download update after it was installed
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 07:26:02 PM »
Same issue for me, every time I open it it wants to update.
I did the initial update directly from download. The first time I opened it told me there was an update. I checked to see that the download install worked, or at least reported the right version. Next time I opened it, same thing, so I told it to update anyway. Ran through the update and still same version, and still reporting the update every time.

Found the sticky post, running 2.2.09, installed 2.2.12 and it looks like it fixed the issue.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 07:39:44 PM by JCBrewing »

Offline 100Million

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2013, 09:29:59 AM »
Hi,
  I apologize for all of the problems.

- You need to go to the task manager and shut down BeerSmith2.exe (assuming it is running).  Go to Processes as it may not show up in the Applications tab.
  - Then install the new version 2.2.10 by downloading it from the main BeerSmith download page and running the installer
  - Then start BeerSmith again and you should be back in business

There was a bug where the startup screen was not being closed properly and the program would hang.  Unfortunately this also hung the automatic update feature since it ran on shutdown (which never occurred).   It did not affect all users, but has affected some. It is fixed in 2.2.10.

Brad

THIS WORKED Perfect and it got rid of the problem

Offline texasdan

• BeerSmith Master Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2013, 09:59:00 PM »
I'm having the same problem as the first poster this thread.
I downloaded the 2.2.10 update directly down from the BS2 website and installed it.
"Each time" I now enter BS2 it gives a popup saying update is available do I want to download it to the background.
After a period of time I get a popup saying "no connection to server"..

I tried exiting BS2, made sure it was not running in task manager, then reinstalled it, rebooted, and getting same popups
with end result "no connection to server"...

Next Up: 
Fermenting: None
Lagering:     
Conditioning: #46-Special Helles
Drinking:       #45-Klosterbier, #44-Honey Ginger Lager, #43-Oktoberfest, #42-Festbier, #40 Ayinger Style Jahrhundertbier Hell, #41-Klosterbier

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2013, 10:46:29 PM »
Current version is 2.2.12 - so it might still be looking for an update.  Download from the main BeerSmith download site at http://beersmith.com/download-beersmith
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Offline texasdan

• BeerSmith Master Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2013, 11:03:13 AM »
Thanks,  looks like that took care of it.....
BTW,,, like Beersmith more each day I use it....  Hitting pretty close to targets now.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 07:29:09 PM by texasdan »
Next Up: 
Fermenting: None
Lagering:     
Conditioning: #46-Special Helles
Drinking:       #45-Klosterbier, #44-Honey Ginger Lager, #43-Oktoberfest, #42-Festbier, #40 Ayinger Style Jahrhundertbier Hell, #41-Klosterbier