• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

yeast...bigger qaunity

h4brewing

Brewer
Reaction score
HI,
    I need bigger quanities of yeast.  Basically wholesale size packages.  Does anyone know a site?

I visited a local microbrewery a while back and the guy offered to give me whatever supplies I needed, from grain to hops to yeast. Ingredients for five gallons are a day's waste on his scale.  I was doing the occasional extract batch at the time, so I didn't take him up on it. Now I wish I'd kept in touch.

h4brewing said:
I need bigger quanities of yeast.  Basically wholesale size packages.  Does anyone know a site?

If you're gearing up to go pro, contact BSG Craftbrew, Country Malt or any other major supplier and set up an account.  Also, attend MBAA (Master Brewer's Assn) meetings and any state or local guild meetings. Suppliers are always at those and can help you get started, smoothly.

If you're just going to be making vast quantities of homebrew, get a good relationship with a local brewery going.

Back