125 (34%)
2-3 times per month
117 (31.8%)
Weekly
33 (9%)
More!
4 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 276

Author Topic: How often do you brew?  (Read 59470 times)

GrantLee63

Re: How often do you brew?
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 03:23:20 AM »
I appreciate your generous offer Beer_Tigger, but between my 3 adult children, their spouses, my brew-buddies at work, and myself (my wife is NOT a beer drinker), we do a pretty good job consuming all that is made.  If that changes however, I will PM you with details on how to get to my house !

- GL63

Offline Maine Homebrewer

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 07:00:21 PM »
I do my boil outdoors.  Carrying 50lbs or so of steel and boiling sugar water over snow and ice is quite unwise, so I don't brew from November to March.
"To alcohol! The cause of - and solution to - all of life's problems!" -Homer Simpson

Offline Rep

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 12:36:05 PM »
I began brewing 13 months ago with extracts.  Within three months I moved to all grain.  I brew all year long outdoors averaging two five gal batches each month. 

Living in west central Wisconsin has allowed for some cold brew days but they are the ones I remember the most.

Offline SOGOAK

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2008, 08:04:44 PM »
I'm making the move from mini or partial mash to all grain in the next couple months.  Brewing outdoors is going to suck for a few months, but Once I get up to 10 gallon batches it is gonna be so worth it.

I'm not sure if I'll do it in the garage or out on the deck (water supply)
Good Recipe, Good Ingredients, Good Procedure, Good Sanitation = Good Brew.

Offline SleepySamSlim

• Barley Engineer
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 12:19:21 AM »
Well we just got started - doing batch #3 this week ---- but I also bought a second racking carboy so we can have parallel batches going soon
Some people tell you the old walkin' blues ain't bad
Worst old feelin' that I've ever had ...
-Robert Johnson

Shakey_Dog

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 06:50:33 AM »
Just did 2 more this past weekend!

bretski

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2009, 10:13:39 AM »
I do around 10 batches per year, give or take a few.  I find that my biggest limiting factor is the amount of available supplies for bottling/kegging.

Offline Wildrover

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2009, 10:38:51 AM »
Lately I've been keeping a fairly crazy pace of almost every weekend.  My goal is to get to the point where I can't brew cause everything else is all filled up.  Between primaries (I have two) secondaries (I have two ) and my three kegs, I'd like to try and get a good queue.  Right now I have two beers in the primary, one in the secondary and three in the kegs so I'm almost there.  Only problem is I think one of the beers in the kegs is almost gone which will open a keg and force me to keep brewing  ;)

Offline SOGOAK

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2009, 07:35:29 AM »
I aim for 10gal a month.  That keeps up with consumption even with giveaways and guests
Good Recipe, Good Ingredients, Good Procedure, Good Sanitation = Good Brew.

deerelk4x4

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2009, 08:29:10 PM »
Unfortunately I am only able to brew 6-9 times a year.  Being Active duty navy, I don't have a whole lot of home time, and stop brewing about a month before getting underway to allow time to take care of what is in fermentation.  Otherwise I do some long term Lagers to give me something to drink when I get back from a 4-5 month long deployment.

cruland

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2009, 12:00:56 PM »
If I had enough equipment I would brew every day.

Offline tommiwommi

• BeerSmith Master Brewer
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2009, 11:25:22 PM »
I like to brew a 5 gallon batch at least once a month. But with sharing and such, I like to pull off 2 when I get a chance.

dhaenerbrewer

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2009, 11:59:39 PM »
Oh boy, I try to brew 2-3 times a month. I used to brew 1,000 gallons 4-5 times a week (oh, those days were wonderful), but unfortunately, only 20-30 gallons a month now. And I'll be damned if it's not more work to brew 10 gallons at home than it is to brew 30bbls at work.

Offline econolinevan

• BeerSmith Master Brewer
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2009, 10:43:39 PM »
Got my first equipment kit for Christmas from the wife in 2006. 2007 I brewed 16 beers.  2008 I only brewed half as much with 8.  Went all grain in 2009 and have five beers so far. 

Brew Daddy 723

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2009, 06:03:54 PM »
I am trying to brew about three times a month. Being active duty National Guard, one weekend a month is usually shot. Often on the road on another weekend. So typically have two weekends to try to do three batches. Been trying to keep my two primarys and three secondarys full to restock the beer supply.