• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Every time I close my program, my ingredients change

webdevsoup

Apprentice
Reaction score
Well, I just realized this.  Every time I open my BeerSmith 2 for Mac, on OS X 10.9, my recipe ingredients change.  I put my Saison recipe to use 1 gram of Seeds of Paradise, and the next time I opened it, it had changed to 8 grams.  Then to test, I closed, and re-opened, and it changed to 800 grams.  Does anyone else have this problem, and is there a fix for it?

No,
  I am wondering if possibly you have an issue with your number settings.  Check on the Options->Units page and make sure your decimal point character (currency options at the bottom of the page) is set correctly.  If you have it set to comma, for instance, it may be moving the decimal point every time you enter a value.

Brad

Hey everyone, apparently the latest update (2.2) fixed this issue.  I removed the old Custom Miscellaneous ingredient, entered it again, and saved.  Then, I quit, reopened, and it stayed!!

Update your program, then remove and re-add.

Back