• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

What directory do my bsmx files go into ubunto 13

steve45ca

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm a linux noob and am trying to figure out what directory I need to put my bsmx files into so they show up in the program. I have several recipes, and equipment to add but cant figure out the correct directory.

Anyone know? I dont have permission to move the files to /usr/share/beersmith2 and they dont show up when i put them in home\.beersmith2

Hi,
  Just use the "open" command to open them and use the copy/paste to paste items into your My Documents or various profile views.

Brad

Thanks but i'm using ubuntu 13.04.... and beersmith seems to be extremely buggy... i'm not able to add any ingredients or do anything that opens a new window. beersmith locks up and I have to force quit the program.  I dont want to go back to windows but i really need beersmith to work in linux.... i hate windows operating systems

I am having the same problem on Ubuntu 13.04. Beersmith2 is unusable with this bug. Please advise as to cause and remedy. I have been using Beersmith since 2009 in a WinXP virtualbox VM and was really excited to see a linux version. Unfortunately I still have to use the VM.  :-\

I started a new thread on this subject. Look for "Beersmith2 linux locks up and eats up the CPU". FYI: I use KDE. When I switched to Unity the problems went away.

Back