• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

wlp830 anyone ? My fermentation wont start

Jan war

Apprentice
Reaction score
I was just using up the last of the extract i had laying around, i was thinking that i would just see what i got out of it, and i had some wlp830 in my fridge
so i didn't make a starter, because this was all just om a whim i had some time and some yeast :).

I pitched at 17 c and now 24 hours later nothing is happening. Its still at 17c and i don't know what to do.

Original Gravity
Batch Size
Age of the yeast
Oxygenation

Answer these first...

But your experience is not surprising with no starter.

I have had 830 going within 4 hours 2 different times, its not the yeast strain's fault  ;)

I am not too sure what area you live in, but I am in So Cal and if I order White Labs in the summer and have it shipped it turns up DOA about 50% of the time, even with an ice pack in the box.  I create a starter on my liquid yeast, each and every time just to make sure it is alive and viable. 

Joe

How do you know nothings happening? Have you constantly watched 24/7?  Ok....sorry...I'm just trying to say take a gravity reading, then you'll know if you need to make changes or just let it sit.  But the info rpe290 requested is important as well, they all play a role. Good luck!

Back