• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hop Tool

jbock220

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to wrap my head around all the varieties of hops for a number of years now.  Without personal experience working with each hop repetitively, I've found it difficult to grasp how to use each one to get what I'm looking for.

While researching at http://beerlegends.com/ (who have a great resource for hop education) I dreamed of a tool like your Gravity/Bitternes/Color scales on Beersmith2Lite.  The difference would be that to get a hop recommendation one would move a dial up or down on oil/acid scales initiating a list to populate, showing the hops that fit.

For example:
Myrcene % scale    0%----------I-----------------------------100%
Hop A
Hop B
Hop C....

The list would populate live.  I also imagined information tabs, like you have with other ingredients, discussing what and why each oil/acid does what it does.

I believe it would be the first of it's kind, and immensely helpful to many (IMO).
Thanks for taking the time,

Jared Bockoff
Brewer
Crude Brew Crew Homebrew Club
Torrance, CA

Back