• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Ferm Problem I think?

Matty8251

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have been brewing for around 15 years now and do mostly All Grain but this batch is a extract batch and I have never seen a beer do what this one is doing in it's fermentation.  The bubbles in the airlock are bubbling about every 2-3 min but there is still alot of yeast on the top of the beer.  Most of the time if it is bubbling this slow there is very little if any yeast still on the top.  Is this a stuck fermentation or what. I have never had a beer ferment this slow before. If has been in there for 11 days at 68F. The beer was Pitched with wyeast and also I run pure O2 first.  The OG was 1.047 and it is 1.018 now.  I know it still have to come down some but this is very slow and I am not getting a good feeling about this one.  Which is funny because I have had very few of the problems that alot of people have had in my 15 years of brewing.

Maybe you have a bad seal somewhere that's leaking out pressure that should be passing through the airlock.

I thought of that becuase I did not like the way the new stops fit in the bottle, so I replaced it a few days ago.  More Beer changed to a new material for there carboy stop and it seams harder and less flexable. But that may still be it I will see if I can dig out some of my older ones.

Thanks

Back