• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

kegerators

DryCreekTX

Apprentice
Reaction score
hello everyone, I would like some advice. I am thinking of getting a kegerator. I currently have my keg in chest freezer and want a kegerator so I can use freezer simply for brewing more beer. Any suggestions on one for less than a thousand bucks would be great. I have read a lot of reviews of different types that don't get beer colder than 40 degrees. I like my beer cold. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Most designs that I have seen use a chest freezer, Johnson Controller or Tom's DIY SC2000 Controller, which should keep your beer well under 40 degrees. Northern Brewer has a good video on how to convert chest freezer in their knowledge base.

do a search for kegerator on google.
i cannot remember the name of the website but one of the top 5 results (non-ad) is a company that sells some good 3 tap kegerators for $600-750 last time i looked.

it might be beverage factory but you should check them all.

Believe it or not; I found mine at Sears for $575 - a good quality 2-tap kegerator - ordered it on-line and had it within a week, nice! You may be able to buy a chest freezer and all the parts to make your own for less, though, but I was too lazy and impatient.

Back