• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

SET UP AKEG AND NO BEER COMING OUT. HELP

Steve50

Apprentice
Reaction score
I just set up  a kegerator 2weeks ago. Carbed the beer at 34 degrees F for 2 weeks at 9psi. have not touched anything eor the 2 weeks. i am using 5 gal korney keg . attached the coupler last night to try it and no flow. it worked when i was running cleaner and sanitizer thru 2 weeks ago. what am i missing doing :'(? Thanks Steve

Did your gas tank empty because you had a leak? (does keg have pressure on it?)

Could you have hooked output to input by mistake?

Just turned the gas up and got flow. Turned up to 12psi@ 34 degF. Seems a bit flat and "green yet".will taste next week.

If you would have set it at 30-35 psi for just three days it would be just fine and carbonated!  34 degrees may be what you are reading, but it could also be freezing?  I actually froze a batch in the refrigerator.  Why have it so cold,..don't you want to taste it?

Set it @34 for better co2 absorption ,so I read. Going to turn it to 38
Steve

I had a problem with a stuck dip tube. It got clogged with gelatin I added for clarity. I obviously heated the gelatin too much before adding ... hence the "gummy bear" beer I created. If that ever happens again, and you're certain you've got gas going to the right place, all you have to do is amp up the PSI. Just make sure you've got something to catch what comes shooting out of the tap!

MikeinRH said:
I had a problem with a stuck dip tube. It got clogged with gelatin I added for clarity. I obviously heated the gelatin too much before adding ... hence the "gummy bear" beer I created. If that ever happens again, and you're certain you've got gas going to the right place, all you have to do is amp up the PSI. Just make sure you've got something to catch what comes shooting out of the tap!

LMAO Mike....got a visual of a gummy bear flying across the room, arms up, screaming, as he splats into the window and does the Sylvester Slide, squeaking all the way down..... Thanks for the laugh!

Back