• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Recipe Conversion - keeps going to wrong extract

Aaron B

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to convert a recipe from all grain to partial mash.  When the convert recipe window opens I select my equipment and base malt/extract for the new recipe type.  After hitting "OK" the recipe it spits out seems to default to Wheat Liquid Extract for the extract type regardless of what I select (trying to do Extra Light DME).

The equipment conversion appears correct, just the extract seems to be wrong.

Hi
  I believe if you brew a wheat beer it tries to use wheat malt by default.  I apologize, but I think this is hard coded.

Brad

Is it just looking for wheat in the ingredients list or is it looking at the style selected in Style Comparison?  I originally had American Wheat or Rye selected as the style.  I tried changing to, and saving as, American IPA after your post and trying it again, same result.

Just for reference, I'm trying to convert Lagunitas' Lil Sumpin Sumpin to a 5 gallon full boil, partial mash recipe.

Thanks for the reply,
Aaron

Back