Author Topic: Print issues in Linux Version  (Read 3639 times)

Offline xenoscr

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Print issues in Linux Version
« on: March 12, 2013, 07:10:49 PM »
First off, thanks for porting this to Linux.

Now that said. I have an issue I ran into. I run Kubuntu. I'm running the most recent release that uses KDE 4.9.5. I installed Beersmith and moved my configuration from my old Windows install. All is good there.

The issue I'm having is printing. When printing I get a dark black background. The colors seem to match the color scheme that I have configured for my desktop. The print preview looks fine. The background is white, the boxes are laid out the text is black but, when I print to the printer or to a file (pdf) the background is not what the preview is showing.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the print preview and the output of printing to a PDF. (The same result as printing to a real printer)

Offline anarchos

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Re: Print issues in Linux Version
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 08:47:45 AM »
I too am having this exact same problem, I have narrowed it down to a single setting in the theme configuration file, it is the setting for the base color; base[NORMAL]. whatever I change this color to it is printed as. I have also found that if I print then then try to print a second time it gives me an error and offers to close the program, attached is the error log. I am using Linux mint 14 x64 with xfce4.

Offline Greenstar

• Doc91b
  • Semper fermentescentem!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 03:19:13 AM »
I too am having this exact same problem, I have narrowed it down to a single setting in the theme configuration file, it is the setting for the base color; base[NORMAL]. whatever I change this color to it is printed as.

Where are the theme config files located?

Edit: Went into Appearance on the Theme tab and saved my custom theme with a name and found it in ~/.themes/ but when I opened the config file in my text editor, I found that this value was already set to white: base_color:#ffffff
Am I missing something? I'd love to get my brew sheet printing properly.

I also have been experiencing the print error, but I've just been closing BS, re-opening it and printing again. It gives me one print job before I get the error.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 03:30:28 AM by Greenstar »

Offline Greenstar

• Doc91b
  • Semper fermentescentem!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 02:11:29 PM »
I ran Beersmith from terminal and attempted to print twice. As always, BS choked on the second attempt. Ubuntu terminal output:
Code: [Select]
me@mypc:~$ beersmith2
WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /tmp/keyring-KuFPv9/pkcs11: No such file or directory

(beersmith2:9837): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_print_operation_run: assertion `op->priv->status == GTK_PRINT_STATUS_INITIAL' failed

(beersmith2:9837): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_error_free: assertion `error != NULL' failed
../src/gtk/print.cpp(923): assert "Assert failure" failed in Print(): The print dialog returned an error.
Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)

Offline crabbey

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 01:38:33 PM »
Just adding that I too suffer the same pain.

Awesome port to Linux, but suffers printing as stated above.
1) I get the same error printing the second time
2) I get black background on second page only when printing direct to printer and to PDF.

Thanks for everything and I look forward to a fix at some point.

Nathan
Linux Mint 14 x64

modification