• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Cloud Folder Syncing

bferullo

Apprentice
Reaction score
I think a wonderful feature would be instead of having a "cloud" folder persay there was an option to have all the recipes in "my recipes" automatically sync to the clould.

For instance, if I am working a recipe I have to remember to "copy to cloud folder". 

Hope this makes sense....

This has always bugged me as well. I never remember to copy changed recipes back to the cloud.  As a result, my cloud recipes (and thus recipes using the mobile app) are never up to date.  To me, it's the last big problem in the BeerSmith app

I am the opposite.  I don't want it automatically copying anything to the cloud.    I could see the benefit of a could sync folder that would allow you to click to sync all recipes in the sync folder or manually sync just the ones you want.

Now that I think about it, you might be right.  Really all I care about is getting most of my recipes to my device, and only a small handful that I publicly share. 

So maybe a better solution is an easy way to sync the device and the local recipes, whether by something outside of the cloud, or some 1-button feature using the cloud as a go-between.

I think the idea of the way that the cloud has been implemented is just plain stupid - am saying this even though I do actually pay the extra for additional recipes.  I just want my recipes and equipment profiles etc etc to be available and up to date between all of my devices (in this case, an iphone, ipad, imac, and macbook pro).  I dont want to have to think about manually copying things between my local device and the cloud - thats just plain stupid and requires more effort than I care to exert.  Maybe I'm lazy, but the ability to simply pay a nominal fee per year to have all data sitting in the cloud and auto sync'ed to local devices would be something very worthwhile.  If you dont have internet connectivity, then you would just have access to all of your data as at the last time it was sync'ed.

Sorry for posting in something so old, but I was very frustrated trying to find a solution to changing and then syncing all of my profiles for mash and equipment, and it just doesnt work efficiently.  Hoping a future update will resolve this as its my biggest issue with beersmith.

Also sorry to post to an old thread here.  The cloud solution to me has always seemed, while a great idea, a little bit clugey.  It's not clear to me how to move my brew day notes, etc, from cloud where I've updated them from my ipad, back to my laptop where I develop the recipes.  I've always felt an option for using dropbox or google drive to store data like recipes would actually make the cloud option much more transparent and easy to use.  No need to copy anything from folder to folder, just store my recipes in the cloud.

Thanks,
Jim

This is a needed feature for me too. I can understand not wanting a global sync of everything or nothing, but a setting per recipe would be great. I have notes and changes that get added to recipes and lost with the current system.

Additionally the cloud needs some organization to it. I can't find a way to create folders and I have an account for 300 recipes and no way to organize them.

I appreciate the software, iOS and Android apps your working on, but the cloud side does seem half baked at the moment. Just renewed my subscription so the cost/benefit ratio is under scrutiny at the moment.

Just looking to see if something like this has been implemented over the past year or so.  With the advent of cloud technology (Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive) all automatically syncing versions of your documents so you can work on them anywhere on any device at any time, I'm wondering when we might see this advancement in BeerSmith.  When planning my brew day I typically do it over the course of a few days.  I'd like to make updates as I think about it while I'm on the train, at work, at home, on my iPad in the garage, etc. Right now it's a frustratingly manual process which creates a data integrity problem.  You either need to manually sync or you need to know whether the cloud has the latest version, or your computer, or maybe another machine...

Back