• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Cloud recipe disappeared

Whippy

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have had a recipe in the cloud for about two weeks.  I went to check it out today and discovered that all my ingredients have been cleared out.  :eek:  I have tried re-loading it several times and it is all gone!  The numbers I recorded for my measured OG and projected final gravity are still as I left them, but there is no longer any recipe left.

I though perhaps that I may have somehow erased them, so I started to try and rebuild the recipe from memory.  When I went to check the style (Scottish 80 Shilling) all of the style stats are now also gone! (Description, Profile, Ingredients, Examples, etc.)  All of the numerical stats for the style are still there.

Only this one recipe has been affected and when I check my style profiles outside of this recipe, the descriptions are ok.

I sure wish I had saved a hard copy! lol :p

I've seen only one or two cases of this.  In these cases when I've gone to the cloud database to look up the recipe it is empty (i.e. the recipe data was never saved).  I believe what may be happening is a network problem where the complete recipe is not being transmitted to the server, so it can't store the data properly.

I'm going to try to put some code on the server side to at least detect an incomplete recipe record to so it can generate an error and not replace the existing record with the incomplete one.  I'm hoping this will also help me determine what might be causing the problem.

I do apologize - this has been a very rare problem so it has been hard to narrow down.

Sincerely,
Brad

Is this how the full mobile version is gonna work or will it actually be able to load a .bsmx from Dropbox?

Thanks for looking into it, sir, and I hope you can figure out what the problem was for other's sake.

If it helps you at all, I do access my cloud recipes from two pc locations and also from my mobile phone.

Back