• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

You Better Read This

R

Rushman

Without going into a lot of detail I want to pass on a hard lesson learned. I have 4 field trial Labador Retrivers. Two that are 13 and 14 YO AND TWO 6 YO.
I am a big bird hunter and outdoorsman. (not a Deer or Bear Hunter) My nest friend " Babe"  of 13 years almost died this week because I did not know that the stuff left over from brewing could kill a dog. I emptied my pales down in my back fields. Babe eat some of it ( and I saw her do it)and became Ill. She could not stand up or upright herself when laying on her blanket.
I got her to an emerg. clinc and had her tested for antifreeze. no problem there. After brainstorming with the Vet about what she could have eat outside the house the beer came up. ( found out it is a common problem that happens often) Lucky, she did not get enough to raise a fever. They hooked her up and purged her of the Toxins. ( $390) When your best friend dies because of old age, celibrate their life. When they die because you did something stupid...you cry your eyes out. She seems to be well now and can walk without falling over. I just hope there is no Kidney damage. They are such loving dogs and dont care how many times you kick their Ass to bring that Ribbon back. They have an unconditional love for you, reguardless of how you treat them. Keep them safe and dont let any animal eat what you wash out of the buckets after brewing.

Thanks
Johnny

Wow!
 Thanks - I've never heard this could be a danger before.  I personally bag mine up and put them in the trash.

I certainly hope that Babe is OK!

Cheers,

Brad

Back