• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Pilsner Urquell

K

KernelCrush

Someday PU will change away from the green bottles, I hope.  I refuse to buy it in the open 6-pack version cause it doesn't do the beer justice.  I just noticed they changed to a full cardboard box packaging on their 6-packs which is a major improvement, but its still not even close to the keg version.  All the beer review websites generally sample from a bottle and give it a low score cause they are tasting a light-struck version.  If you have never tried PU from a keg you are missing out. I have had it in a bar but nothing can compare to bringing home a 1/4 and throwing it in the kegerator with clean lines.  Its the one beer that I wont allow myself more than one at a time so the keg will last.  Its that good.  But thats me.

I've never tried it from a keg and it's one of my favorite beers. Wish I could get it in a corny from the beer store.

I can only get it in a 1/4 from my keg man too and have to put it in my converted fridge in the garage.  And its a long walk.  I sure wish they would package it in a sixth.   

Back