• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

No Carastan Malt in grain choices

Beavdowg

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm trying to enter a recipe that was sent to me by a friend into Beersmith 2 to be able to brew it but I can't find Carastan Malt anywhere in Beersmith.  Why is it not listed?  This is the first time I've run across this problem.  What's the solution?

I'm new to BeerSmith, and this Blog, but I believe they have answers to your question in the BeerSmith Software Questions portion of the Blog.  I asked a similar question, then noticed it had been answered a couple of times in that same Blog are.  Hope this helps.
marvincw

I cut and pasted this from another:

"From what I see, click the "Ingredients" button at the top (just to the right of Profiles), click on "Miscellaneous", the Add Misc button.  Type in what you want in the pop up window..."

Again, hope this helps.

It's amazing how often this comes up.  All ingredient lists are editable. It's hard to find and include every ingredient from every matter and hop grower and vendor.  If you find something missing just add it.

Note: carastan is a malt. So it should be added to the grains list.

Back