• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New 'BrewingEquipment' YahooGroup

B

billvelek

I'm a craftbrewer currently in the 'planning and design' stage for a HERMS brewery.  I'm a member of many different brewing groups and forums, lurking on most of them due to a lack of time to participate everywhere.  I've been doing a lot of web research, and the thought occurred to me that it would be great if there was a forum dedicated strictly to brewing "equipment".  I couldn't find one, so I formed one on YahooGroups called ... what else? ... "BrewingEquipment"!

I know that most people don't have the time to actively participate in more groups than they already belong to, but I would encourage everyone to join this group if only for some occasional participation when they might have equipment issues to discuss.  I don't expect the volume of mail to be substantial because this group has such a narrow focus, and I will be moderating it to ensure that there is no spam, off-topic posts, or inappropriate newbie questions that will be already answered in the FAQ page; however, if it becomes burdensome, any member can easily change their option to NOT receive messages or digest, and opt only to visit the site when they wish.  Eventually, we should build up a good archive of info specific to equipment, and benefit all brewers.

Of course right now there isn't much there, so please be patient.  I've posted a few photos myself, more or less to test it out, and as I write this there are only 37 members, but I've just started inviting people, and with a little time I think it will develope well.

If you have some photographs or a webpage pertaining to brewing equipment, please post them when you have a chance.  If you are a supplier of "equipment", please feel free to add a link to the appropriate LINKS page on our group.

The address for anyone interested in joining is: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BrewingEquipment

Thank you.

Bill Velek

Back