• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

"Adjust temp for Equip"

Johncmug

Apprentice
Reaction score
Is there a way to default the "Adjust temp for Equip" to checked?  I have forget to check this several times and missed my Mash temp each time. 

Thanks in advance and Happy Brewing!

Yes.  You can also default anything else you want to.  Here's how:

1.  Create a new empty recipe.
2.  Change anything you want in the recipe: equipment/mash/fermentation profiles, ingredients lists, yeasts, efficiency, style, checkboxes selected (NOTE), etc. 
3.  Save this template recipe with any name you desire...I use the name "defaults".
4.  When you have the recipe open, on the "Home" ribbon there is an option called "Set As Default", click it.

Now all new recipes will start out as a copy of whatever you just "set as default".  NOTE: If you edit the "defaults" recipe at a later time, you must click the "Set as default" button each time.  Beersmith saves a copy of the defaults somewhere internally.  It does not pull from the recipe you created each and every time. 

You, my friend, are awesome!  I will definitely do that before the next brew day... 12 days, but who's counting.

Back