• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Norton Antivirus reporting DLL injection coming from Beersmith2

nightchill

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just got this report from Norton when pressing the BrewSteps button. (Adobe Reader was already open with another file)

index.php

(btw, i never actually chose to remove the file actively, it was done by default settings in Norton.)

For an explanation on why this report is interpreted as a security risk: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DLL_injection

I'm guessing this is because Beersmith tries to do some funny stuff with adobe reader...

This may be by design too, but this is probably a reason why people are reporting antivirus issues.

Attachments

• NortonFileInsight_report.jpg
    NortonFileInsight_report.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,193
Hi
  I suspect this may come from using Internet explorer as a plugin to display and print reports in the program.  Unfortunately I'm not sure how to avoid this, but I'll look at updating the libraries to see if there is a better method for accessing the web browser display in the program.

Brad

Back