• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Date Format

T

Trev

Brad,

Being a person of Australian background (ahh - that's meant as a boast, not an apology ;)), I am used to dates in a dd/mm/yy format - probably some throwback to our penal past under the yoke of the English oppressor etc etc.

Whenever I sort recipes etc by date within the programme (opps - sorry about the spelling but there's that English hangover again), they're always in mm/dd/yy format - probably some throwback to your release some few hundred years ago from the yoke of your English oppressor.

Can I do anything about it - other that getting a Green Card :eek:

Trev

Trev,
 The function I use in the program is supposed to pick up the current locale settings (according to the documentation).  However, as is often the case the Windows documentation appears to be wrong as I just tried it and it did not capture the local settings.

I will try to see if there is a simple solution I can slip into the next update!  This is not that hard to do...

Cheers
Brad

Follow up --
 This was fixed in the newest release (1.2) along with number formats for those that use commas instead of periods to denote a decimal point.

Cheers!
Brad

Back