• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Muntons Grains and extracts

J

joet56

Anyone have the details on Muntons grains and extracts so I can add the to my grain listing  ;D

Sure,
 The parameters are here:
   http://www.muntons.com/muntons_malt/typical_analysis/alemalt.asp

However, I don't recall anyone having loaded them into BeerSmith.  However, there are only a few malts they offer, so it should be a pretty quick job if anyone wants to take the task on.

Let me know if you happen to enter them - otherwise I may do it myself next week if I can find a few minutes.

Cheers!
Brad

Ok, you may like this- I'm planing to make an Irish red ale and I want to use all british grain so I walk into my local brewshop (Mojo brew shop) and ask one of the owners "Do you have Crisp grains?"

She gives me a great what the hell are you talking about look and answers "Our our grains crisp?  What do you mean?" Needless to say a few uneazy moments followed while I explained it was a British Malting company established in 1804 etc....

They had never heard of Crisp Malting before and the only British grains they carry is the following Mutons:

http://www.muntons.com/homebeer/other-products/grain_malt.asp

So I now have my British grain (Muntons)  for my Irish red ale.

Thanks for your help

More information provided by Muntons if anyone can help entering their malts into beersmith.

For comparison 1lb(454g) – 1gall(4.54ltrs) equates to 1000g per 10litres on the chart. If you require anything else then please let me know. Regards Graham

See attached tables.

If anyone wants to point me in the correct direction of transfering EBC to SRM , and if I am correct to use "1028 - liquid" and "1037 - dry" as the SG, I would be happy to import these into beersmith and upload for others to download into their system.

Thanks.
Ryan.

Attachments

• Muntons Malt Extract Colours.docx
    11 KB · Views: 953
  • Homebrew Original Gravity Table.doc
    28 KB · Views: 1,617
I am trying to figure out how to add muntons info to beersmith too.

Anyone end up figuring this out?

Back