Author Topic: What are you brewing next?  (Read 31411 times)

cj_in_j

Re: What are you brewing next?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2003, 12:17:31 PM »
And now I'm done brewing for the year. I'll be heading off on vacation in another week or so, and I'm just trying to tie up some loose ends by then -- like transferring, bottling, etc -- so I have some nice beer waiting for me when I get back in January.

In January, I'm planning a couple of lagers -- Classic American Pilsner is the first -- then a steam and some kind of dark lager. Then it's back to IPAs, pale ales, porters, and whatever else I can think of.  :)

Guy_Fawkes

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2003, 01:48:41 PM »
I am going to brew an imperial IPA, a small mead, a one gallon experiment. After that a wheatwine, perhaps a barleywine.  Then a smoked brown ale, and finally in march a maple sap porter.

Who Knows after that :)

ttreml3

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2003, 03:33:54 PM »
I've got a winter style something or another for tomorrow.  Then who knows...

fatad

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2003, 04:38:12 AM »
I am brewing first AG after the first of the year.  I am going to try my own recipe APA.  If it's good, I will post recipe.

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2004, 03:12:48 PM »
OK,
I ended up replacing some stock beers first, but I'm finally going to brew that Altbier this weekend.  Its based on Mark Rasheed's award winning ALT2 with a little aromatic thrown in.

I'll let you know how it turns out in about a month or so...

Cheers!
Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

ttreml3

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2004, 04:42:06 PM »
Too funny, I posted a month ago that I'm brewing my winter beer, and I finally did it tonight.  I tried something new, doing two batches in one night (extract of course).  It worked out really well!  The second is an experimental stout that I'll tell you all about in three weeks or so, if it turns out.  ;)
Cheers
t

cj_in_j

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2004, 10:48:49 PM »
I'm starting preparations for my Classic American Pilsner. I smacked my yeast this morning and it's already puffing up. Tomorrow I'll make stage one of the starter, step it up on Monday, and then again on Wednesday. I should be brewing on Saturday, if all goes well.

A week after that, I'm starting my ales -- pale, IPA, and Arrogant Bastard clone. Mmmm, can't wait.

Streb

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2004, 11:43:13 PM »
A nice little IPA that I'll be fermenting with two different yeasts.  

I've had good luck with some of the dry yeasts before and I don't always have the time or the inclination to do a starter with the liquid brands.  I've liked a beer that I made with Nottingham and have used S-04 a few times.   I'm trying to decide which I like better so I'll be splitting my 9 gallon batch between two fermenters and using one of each...

Cheers!

Unemployed IPA

9 gallon recipe:
----
20 Lbs. American Pale 2 Row
2 Lbs. 60 L Crystal
.5 Lbs. Caravienne
2 oz. Northern Brewer (60 Mins)
2 oz. Fuggles (30 Mins)
1 oz. East Kent Goldings (15 Mins)
1 oz. East Kent Goldings (1 Min.)
2 Whirlfloc Tablets

Split batch into two separate fermenters.
Add Danstar Nottingham to one fermenter and Safale S-04 to the other.

Cheers!

brewerbill

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2004, 03:19:21 AM »
I brewed 2 batches just after Xmas...An IPA and a Red Ale.

I am hoping to brew again in the next couple of weeks.  I am thinking of an Amber and an Imperial Coffee Porter.

I will post the recipes that I have come up with for some feedback!

Mark Rasheed

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2004, 05:45:13 PM »
Since Jesus' birthday I have brewed an ESB and a Califonian Common (should be uncommon cause we don't see any in Australia ;D)

My next brew will be a Leffe Blonde clone which is for a friend who loves the stuff.

Mark

brewerbill

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2004, 07:26:40 AM »
I brewed an ICP (Imperial Coffee Porter) and an IPA last night.  Both went without a hitch. It was the first use for the wort chiller that I made.  ;D   ;D  What a difference!!  I do mini-mashes with partial boils (about 4 - 4.5 gallons) and add water to make up the difference.  I went from boiling to 80 degrees in 15 minutes.  Gotta love the cold winter New England water.

I pitched some harvested yeast for each and had activity on the ICP within an hour!!  The blow off tube is going nuts.

I love this hobby!

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2004, 11:22:37 AM »
That's great!  Yes a chiller is one of those "essential" pieces of equipment you wonder how you ever did without.  It was the same way the first time I used a large cooler for a mash tun.

I just transferred my alt over to the secondary last night - it tasted pretty good, though it was a little malty and has a ways to go on clarity.  

Looks like a Wit is on the agenda this weekend - I kicked my last keg of it last weekend so I need to restock.

Cheers!
Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

wbc_leelee

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2004, 05:38:17 PM »
Just finished a brown porter, looking forward to some dark beer for a change, this weekend is a double brew day for my house ale can't seem to keep enough of this on tap in the summer.
Regards
Andrew

cj_in_j

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2004, 11:13:27 PM »
A brown porter isn't a dark beer??  ???
Sounds like you're a stout guy!  ;)

ttreml3

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2004, 02:54:09 AM »
Thats funny wanting to brew some darker beers, I've been leaning more to the lighter side.  Did an english bitter last night.
who knows what for next week
t