Author Topic: BeerSmith2 stops responding in print prevew  (Read 2069 times)

Offline IntlAgBrewer97

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
BeerSmith2 stops responding in print prevew
« on: February 19, 2015, 06:34:37 AM »
Hello,
I'm running BeerSmith2 v2.2.12 and it's stopping responding in one specific, repeatable instance.  (I then have to kill the process and restart)
If I select a recipe from the main window (list of recipes) and in the below preview pane select the "Recipe" option and then hit "Print" it stops responding (screenshot attached).
If I select "brew steps", it works fine, but only hangs during trying to print the "recipe" option.

I'm running Windows 8.1 and as I have read that IE is the print preview engine, my IE version is IE 11.0.9600.17631.

update - this appears to only happen on one recipe.  Any idea what the problem could be and how to "repair" this recipe to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 06:38:20 AM by IntlAgBrewer97 »

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: BeerSmith2 stops responding in print prevew
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 03:53:49 PM »
If it is happening on only a single recipe then my guess would be that it is an unprintable character that is hanging up the engine.  I would check the notes field and also the notes and other fields for any ingredients.  I know in a few cases old recipes from BeerSmith 1.4 were imported with some funny characters in them that can create issues.

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

modification