• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Build 54 official version problem?

Wombat

Apprentice
Reaction score
Greetings,
Just upgraded to build 54, and it cleared all of my previous setting, equipment profiles and recipes.  1.  Is it always going to do this?  2.  May want to put a note on the webpage and remind us to back-up any profiles/recipes.

Thanks

Hi
  It should not be doing this - did you install it to the Program Files directory?  Did you change any user settings or are you running off a network drive?

The first thing to do is backup your Documents/BeerSmith directory.  It has backups of all of your data in the Recipes1.bsmx, Recipes2.bsmx, etc that you can open if needed.  Once you have the backup open you can copy/paste data into your main my recipes folder.

Brad

Same thing happened to me, lost inventory and recipes...

Hi,
  Were you able to locate the backups mentioned above?  Were you using a networked drive or did you have BeerSmith open while upgrading?

Brad

Yes, I was able to recover most of the info I lost during upgrade, thanks!

One item to watch is that I recommend NOT installing BeerSmith into the same directory as your data (i.e don't install the program to Documents/BeerSmith2).  It should be placed in the Program Files/BeerSmith2 directory (main program files directory in windows) or your Applications directory if you are running on the Mac.

Brad

I actually installed Beersmith into a directory on a second drive, not in Program Files, and not a problem.  I updated to 2.0.54 by pointing the installer to the same directory that I installed the original Beersmith 2 in, no backup, no problem.  All recipes, notes, and even the additions I made to ingredients lists (i.e. grains, yeast, misc.) all survived.

Brad,
Yes I recovered all the missing data.  I installed the update into the root directory for Beersminth 2.  I did the prior update the same way and had no problems.  All is well in the world, just finished brewing a cream ale, I feel better ;D

I just upgraded from Build 50 to 54 and did not loose any data.  I installed BeerSmith in the Program Files directory and I keep my data files in My Documents.  Since I try to backup My Documents on a regular basis, it just seems logical.

Back