• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith2 and Extract Brewing??

loumudd

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I have a question about BeerSmith2 before I purchase.  Right now I'm an extract brewer and wonder if there are recipes with BeerSmith2, or that can be added for the extract brewer.  Upon my initial look it seems like BeerSmith2 is mainly for the All Grain brewer. 

If I can get a quick answer, and discover that it will improve my extract brewing until I progress to All Grain then I'll purchase an activation code right away.

Thanks.

Yes, there are a couple included and 20-30 more that can be added as add-ons.

My first several beers were extract and I used BS (1.4 and 2.0) and they worked great.

Mark

It works great for extract and all-grain and actually helps you convert your favorite extract recipes to all grain if and when you upgrade to all grain.

I do extract brewing and the BeerSmith software has worked great so far (still in primary with my first extract beer using the beersmith tools). There are plenty of addon recipes available for the extract brewer. Also the system works great if you are making your own extract recipe.

-Lordluen

I brew both extract and all-grain and use BS for everything that I brew.  There are many recipe packs that can be downloaded as add-on's.  These should give you a wide variety of recipes to choose from.  As well, the recipe packs are constantly being added to.  The other option you have is, if you find an all-grain recipe you want to try, use the converter included in BS to convert the recipe to extract.  Happy Brewing!

Cheers

Back