Author Topic: BeerSmith2 and Extract Brewing??  (Read 4542 times)

Offline loumudd

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
BeerSmith2 and Extract Brewing??
« on: November 29, 2011, 11:50:34 AM »
I have a question about BeerSmith2 before I purchase.  Right now I'm an extract brewer and wonder if there are recipes with BeerSmith2, or that can be added for the extract brewer.  Upon my initial look it seems like BeerSmith2 is mainly for the All Grain brewer. 

If I can get a quick answer, and discover that it will improve my extract brewing until I progress to All Grain then I'll purchase an activation code right away.

Thanks.

Offline merfizle

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
Re: BeerSmith2 and Extract Brewing??
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 12:06:23 PM »
Yes, there are a couple included and 20-30 more that can be added as add-ons.

My first several beers were extract and I used BS (1.4 and 2.0) and they worked great.

Mark
Primary: Lambic base for solera barrel
Kegged: Bavarian Weissbier, N. English brown, Roggenbier

Offline Beer_Tigger

• Global Moderator
  • Grrrrrrrrrrrrr baby! Very Grrrrr!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 12:27:39 PM »
It works great for extract and all-grain and actually helps you convert your favorite extract recipes to all grain if and when you upgrade to all grain.
"Let's see if this here beer will help me to stop procrastinating." - my cousin

Offline lordluen

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 11:25:57 AM »
I do extract brewing and the BeerSmith software has worked great so far (still in primary with my first extract beer using the beersmith tools). There are plenty of addon recipes available for the extract brewer. Also the system works great if you are making your own extract recipe.

-Lordluen

Offline glienhard

• He was a wise man who invented beer. - Plato
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 03:28:45 PM »
I brew both extract and all-grain and use BS for everything that I brew.  There are many recipe packs that can be downloaded as add-on's.  These should give you a wide variety of recipes to choose from.  As well, the recipe packs are constantly being added to.  The other option you have is, if you find an all-grain recipe you want to try, use the converter included in BS to convert the recipe to extract.  Happy Brewing!

Cheers