Author Topic: "Multi-Stage" Brewing with BeerSmith  (Read 2711 times)

Offline DonS

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • That's not beer. THIS is beer.
"Multi-Stage" Brewing with BeerSmith
« on: August 22, 2011, 12:58:19 PM »
Sorry to sound like a moron in my first post here, but this regards using BeerSmith.
I am looking to brew a Belgian that has 3 distinct brewing stages.  At the end of it,
the results are put together. 

My question is how do I indicate that in the BeerSmith software?  If this is not the place
for this kind of question, I apologize.

Thank you,
Don
I've finally figured out my problem.  I have Cenosillicaphobia.

Offline dogma46an2

• “Sir, you are drunk!” and ”Madam, you are ugly. In the morning, I shall be sober.”
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • “I drink to make other people interesting.”
Re: "Multi-Stage" Brewing with BeerSmith
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 01:11:05 PM »
I am a bit lost on the question .. Are you talking about doing a decoction ? 
“I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. They wake up in the morning and that’s the best they’re going to feel all day.”

Offline DonS

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • That's not beer. THIS is beer.
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 01:22:38 PM »
No.  I'm going to move this question to the proper area (missed it originally), but I guess the recipe has what is called 3 diferent "layers".  Separate boils with various ingredients that, when the boil is finished, the previous "layer" gets siphoned into it - for stages 2 and 3.  I'm probably not being clear. I'll try again on the other thread.
Thanks!
I've finally figured out my problem.  I have Cenosillicaphobia.

Offline DaveinPa

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 03:37:46 PM »
Maybe if you laid out the process you are using it will be more clear.  I will say BS does not allow a lot of customizing of the boil step, other than when to add hops, etc and how long.   If the first step or two are some kind of steepings, you can probably do them outside of BS and just use the hopping stage for the brew steps.  Alternatively, you might get away with treating it like three different recipes? 

modification