• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beerxml export.

yvanchartrand

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi Brad,

I use to export my recipes created in Beersmith to beerxml and import them in my Android device for brewday. Unfortunately with Beersmith 2, when the recipe is imported into another program, the hops bill is totally out of whack. I took one of your recipe from the Beersmith 2 samples called Muddy Pig Oatmeal Stout, exported it and it had over 10 hops additions. I have attached the exported file.

Thanks for the great program.

Yvan

Attachments

• Muddy Pig Stout beerxml exported.xml
    21.2 KB · Views: 235
Hi,
  Unfortunately a known bug - I'm hoping to post a patch late this week initially here on the forum to fix a few bugs and this one is high on my list.  I will likely post it here on the forum for beta testing before releasing it to everyone.

Brad

I'll post my BeerXML issues in this thread as well. HTML encoded characters (which are usually in style descriptions) cause the BeerXML to fail to parse. Mash temperatures get exported as Fermentation temperatures. I observed these bugs trying to import BeerXML in to BrewBlogger 2.3.2. As a work-around I'm exporting to BeerSmith 1 format, then doing the BeerXML format from there.

Thanks
  I've implemented the fixes for export in the (soon to come) build and will have it out in the next week or two. 

Brad

Back