• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mash Efficiency Calculator

JupiterJesus

Apprentice
Reaction score
BeerSmith 1 had a mash efficiency calculator that you could access by clicking the Brewhouse Efficiency button. To get that calculation now, you have to hunt around in various places. For the mash efficiency, you have to go to the Mash Screen and put in your measured pre-boil volume and gravity - the measured mash efficiency automatically updates. For your brewhouse efficiency, you have to go to the fermentation screen and input your measured batch size and OG - the tot efficiency field automatically updates.

Don't get me wrong, I like that I can now input my measured values and compare them my original estimates. However, I check my efficiency at multiple points during the mash/sparge process (after first runnings, second runnings and sometimes third runnings). I can technically type my values into the measured pre-boil volume and gravity fields, but that seems pretty ghetto - those fields should be used for recording my data, not for quick calculation tasks.

The request is simply to include a dedicated efficiency calculator like existed in BeerSmith 1. It isn't super important because I can work around it (a la the previous paragraph) but it would be a nice feature to have back again when you're done with more important things.

Thanks,
  The data is all there on the mash screen, but I'm looking at adding a "brew day" tab or incorporating brew day
data into a timer tab so it can be more easily adjusted.

Brad

Back