• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Undo / Ctrl+Z Frustrations

yawpstang64

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I'm new to BeerSmith, and I wanted to try it out with some of my recipes. Undo/Ctrl+Z seems to apply either sporadically and/or on a large scale. As a chronic ctrl+z-er, it got old after the addition of the recipe I had just worked through was "undone," and therefore apparently deleted, while I was trying to undo a substitution or a weight change I had just made. Habits which I regularly apply in other programs won't be changed just for Beersmith, and 30 minutes trying it out left me with enough frustrations to consider just uninstalling the trial.

Hi,
  In general the undo only works once you have saved your edits - so if you edit a recipe and press OK then undo it - it will work.

Brad

Pressing Ok closes the recipe for me.  I can't get undo to work at all.

For example, I delete an ingredient and hit undo and nothing happens. 

As far as I can tell, undo never works. 

I posted the same issues with the previous version with no better luck or answer from Brad

While I love the software... I have several current issues that isn't being addressed either

I get it, Brad is busy, maybe we can get some help from other developers

Toy4Rick

It would be nice to have at least one level of reliable UNDO for A/B comparisons.

It's a reasonable expectation when buying software.

For the love of pete, I just ran into this issue and I can not believe how this works. I created a new recipe, entered all the ingredients, adjusted the mash steps, matched my hop AA% to those I have on hand, entered notes, hit Ctrl-Z... recipe closed and gone. I can not reproduce after closing and re-opening Beersmith and just adding a recipe and hitting Ctrl-Z, but I had done a lot of adding grains and changing prices of things so who knows what it actually undid.

Back