• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Used Bottles: Label Removal Tips

I use hot tap water and PBW + time.  Rarely is the label that does not slide off but sometimes I need mineral spirits to dissolve gums.

Oxyclean. Soak hot bottles with that and hot water and in 10-15 minutes it'll peel right off.

Mark

I always have a 5 gallon bucket w/Oxyclean.  I place used bottles in it, can hold about 13 standing up, and leave a day or two or when ever I g et around to checking them.  Rinse well after or you'll see a white coating from long soaking.

CRider said:
I always have a 5 gallon bucket w/Oxyclean.  I place used bottles in it, can hold about 13 standing up, and leave a day or two or when ever I g et around to checking them.  Rinse well after or you'll see a white coating from long soaking.

That's what I do.  No need to use hot water and do it right away.  It's good to have the buck full at all times.  SWMBO uses my bucket to get labels off jars she buys at the store and wants to re-use.

Back