• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

bsxtmp files

wink

Brewer
Reaction score
My recipes are arranged in folders (My Recipes, Internet Recipes, Brewing Classic Styles Recipes etc.).  When a folder is highlighted the program displays "folder name Folder contains x recipes".  Each time I click on a folder it generates a new file in the reports folder bsxtmp_x.  It never seems to reuse these as it generates new files each time the display is changed.  This is not a big problem as they are just 1KB files but they add up and since this is the folder where custom user reports are kept they kind of get in the way.  If these could be cleaned up by the program or kept in a different file it would be helpful.

The software is working great for me, not having the problems some are having.  I appreciate your hard work Brad.

My 2 cents on some of the problems:

1. Changed yeast properties to show slant then cells per pack to 40 and my starter volumes are coming out ok, but this should work better for those of us saving yeast on slants.

2. I look forward to being able to change water/grain ratio.

3. Corn sugar for bottling seems to be tied to est bottling volume and not measured bottling volume?  Seems like it should be measured.

Keep up the good work, hope you had a great time at NHC.

Cheers,
Neal

Thanks Neal,
  I am correcting the temporary file in a patch to go out this week.  Also I intend to have the carbonation calculation corrected to bottling volume for this week along with a number of other issues.

The water/grain ratio and slant starters I'm planning for later updates - though the water/grain is very high on my list.

Brad

Back