• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New Data Updates

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
 I'm not sure everyone saw the new data updates that were released for BeerSmith about the same time as the new version.

You can download your favorite grains and copy them to your own grain database:
   http://www.beersmith.com/data_updates.htm

Also - the Briess set is nearly done thanks to Fred Bonjour and we should have it posted late this week.

Cheers!
Brad

So, I'm a little confused. I download the file and open it with BeerSmith, but how do I get it into the grains file? Do I have to individually cut and paste, or is there an easier way to integrate the new files into the Grains & Extract file?
(using Firefox, btw.)

Yeasty,
 The easiest way is to open the file and then just drag and drop the items you want (you can select multiple ones with the shift or control key) and then drag and drop them into your grains & extracts database.

Brad

Sorry, I don't get it.
How do I open the file? If I'm in BeerSmith, it only lets me open one or the other. If I try to open the file itself (.bak), it's  jibberish.
What am I missing?

Open up the file that contains the new data (i.e. the one you downloaded).  Select the items you want to incorporate in your grain database.  Then either do a copy and paste to put them into your "Grains & Extracts" view, or alternately you can just drag and drop them onto the "Grain & Extracts" view on the shortcut bar.

Brad

Back