• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Export to Beer.xml quotation convertion problems

sdavis1001

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I am having issues with exporting any recipe to a beer.xml format. It looks as though any right or left single quotes is not converting correctly, therefore reimporting is not possible without editing and replacing each of them.  I have placed a sample here from an Export I just created:

<INGREDIENTS>Pale ale malt (well-modified and suitable for single-temperature infusion mashing); American hops; American yeast that can give a clean or slightly fruity profile. Generally all-malt, but mashed at lower temperatures for high attenuation. Water character varies from soft to moderately sulfate. Versions with a noticeable Rye character (&ldquo;RyePA&rdquo;) should be entered in the Specialty category.</INGREDIENTS>
<EXAMPLES>Bell&rsquo;s Two-Hearted Ale, AleSmith IPA, Russian River Blind Pig IPA, Stone IPA, Three Floyds Alpha King, Great Divide Titan IPA, Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA, Victory Hop Devil, Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, Anderson Valley Hop Ottin&rsquo;, Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA, Founder&rsquo;s Centennial IPA, Anchor Liberty Ale, Harpoon IPA, Avery IPA</EXAMPLES>

I understand "&rsquo" and "&ldquo;" are HTML formatted quotes, however they are not recognized as their respected values in any xml editors that I have.
I apologize if this has already been address, but did look through the posts and did not see it anywhere.
BTW: BS2 is great!!   ;D

Back