• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Weird calculations

bmalkow

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm using OS X. I added few recipes to BS2 and everything was good.
Since few days BS2 shows weird calculations of estimated FG, ABV, ABW.
I attached screenshot with Aussie Ale from example recipes. Recipe is not modified! I just opened it!
Probably BS2 calculated correctly until I installed addons with Weyermann Malts and Zymoferm Yeasts.

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2011-06-15 (godz. 09.51.22).png
    Zrzut ekranu 2011-06-15 (godz. 09.51.22).png
    197 KB · Views: 415
Try putting estimates for all the zeros in the workbook and see what happens. Estimates boil size, boil OG etc. zeros can sometimes really screw up formulas.

I too have the exact same problem although I didn't install any add-ons. All recipes (my own and the preloaded ones) show faulty estimated final gravity which in turn gives faulty estimated Abv. (est abv typically showing as 137% ???)

Hi,
  I agree having a bunch of zeros in for actuals is probably not helping.

However I have another suggestion - go into the "Advanced options" in the options dialog and make sure the "Adjust Final Gravity Based on Mash Temperature" settings are set to the defaults.  If you change these substantially it will throw off the calculations.

Also check to see what your yeast attenuation might be for the yeast you are using in the recipe - if that number is wrong (it typically should be around 73%) it is going to severely throw the FG calculation off.

Brad

Back