• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Yeast Viability in 2.0

rj

Apprentice
Reaction score
How does one change the yeast viability number when using the 'Yeast Starter' tab in version 2.0? Mine only displays 96% no matter what date is entered for the yeast production date. It seems the program should adjust automatically, right? BTW- in another screen, it does show a 21% monthly decline for liquid yeast viability. This adjustment doesn't seem to happen when using the 'yeast starter' tab when in an actual recipe.

Any ideas out there?

Hi,
  Did you try editing the yeast item itself in the recipe (from the yeast starter tab).  Changing the package date back a few months should change the viability - at least for liquid yeasts.  Dry yeasts age pretty slow, so you may not see much change.

Brad

Thanks for the fast reply, Brad. But, yes, I certainly did edit the yeast date right in the yeast starter tab with no change in viability. Went back a year to be sure, (liquid yeast). Anyone else try this yet?

I do like the program a lot. There's always a learning curve.

Thanks,

Rick

I'm having the same issue...except mine randomly are either 96% or down around 35%....I keep monkeying with the dates of both package and 'last cultured' and can't get it to change.

Could you check you are running the latest release. I have just quickly looked at a yeast I entered and it has altered viability up and down throughout the age range I have entered. It certainly seems to be functioning correctly on this quick check.

Steve

Back