• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

adding random steps to the brew sheet

cousindave

Apprentice
Reaction score
Just wondered if it were possible to add steps to the brew sheet? For example, a whirlpool at KNO. My setup gets clogged if I forget to do this, and I am constantly doing just that. Didn't know if I had missed a setting somewhere?

Might be nice to customize the brew-day in this way. Add the reminder to relax and have a homebrew somewhere just after hot-break maybe?

Since I am using BS2 on Linux and am having problems with the brew sheet feature I can't try this, but I bet you could modify the /Program Files/BeerSmith2/Reports/Brewsheet.htm and get what you are looking for.

Back when I was using my Immersion Chiller I created an "Insert Immersion chiller" under misc and would add it as a 10 minute addition to remind me about it.

Might be worth a try

I do the same.

I also created hops called [10 min whirlpool rest] and so on for 20 and 30 min. The have no alpha and zero quantity but are never the less part of the recipe and help me remember during he brew day.

Hi,
  I actually recommend making a copy of the main brewsheet and modifying the copy - not the original which may be overwritten in future software updates.

Once you have your copy as you like it - put it in your Documents/Reports directory and install it as a custom report - which you can use much like any of the other reports to print your custom instructions.

Brad

Back