Author Topic: Sharing recipes/data between your 2 licensed computers via DropBox  (Read 21554 times)

Offline R. Gibson

• BeerSmith Master Brewer
Re: Sharing recipes/data between your 2 licensed computers via DropBox
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2016, 05:40:12 PM »
...just make damn sure you don't both open Beersmith at the same time. You have to agree to actually call each other before running the Beersmith app and verifying that the other person doesn't have it open already, or plans on opening it before you might be done.

I have to do this between my home and work computers with MYSELF! If I accidentally leave BS running on my home PC and want to make a tweak to a recipe at work (say, right before I head to the HBS on my lunch break), I'm screwed unless I can VPN into my home machine and shut the program down.

...I really wish Brad would fix this...(i.e. add folders to the cloud recipe database so Dropbox is no longer required) He's been saying he's going to do it now for like 2 years...

My currently solution is to just keep my top 5-10 recipes on the cloud and then archive the older ones on my local box...

Offline danielsan

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
Re: Sharing recipes/data between your 2 licensed computers via DropBox
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2016, 12:57:40 AM »
Absolutely, I'll remove BeerSmith from my Mac OS dock as a reminder to call my friend. I hope this and Time Machine, just in case, could work.
Thanks for your answer.